If you are not currently tithing, Discovery Church wants to give you the ability to "put God to the test."
In Malachi 3:8-10, God asks us to literally test Him in regards to tithing. That’s the idea with the 3 Month Giving Challenge — test out tithing for 3 months and if you aren’t convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless your life as a result of your obedience to His Word, we’ll refund your money. It’s that simple.
In Malachi 3:10 NIV, God says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
We believe so much in the promise of God that we are willing to wholeheartedly support God's word by offering the 3 Month Giving Challenge. Here's how it works – tithe (give 10% of your income) for the next three months. If at the end of three months you are not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless your life, you may ask for a full refund.
If you would like to participate in the 3 Month Giving Challenge, all we ask is that you agree to the guidelines listed below and certify your agreement on the electronic form below. We are excited to see all that God is going to do in your life over the next 90 days!
1. I understand the electronic form below must be completed and received by the Discovery Church Financial Coaching Team (the form will submit automatically) prior to beginning your 3 Month Giving Challenge.
2. I understand my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
3. I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the 3 Month Giving Challenge period, and I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Giving Challenge.
4. I understand any request for refund must be received by the Financial Coaching Team within 30 days of the end of the 3 Month Giving Challenge period.
5. I understand if I pay my tithe at the Discovery Church, my tithe must be paid by check, or using an offering envelope, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
6. I understand if I pay online, I must use the City online giving system linked at the bottom right of the the Discovery Church website (http://www.dcclive.com).
7. I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the 3 Month Giving Challenge. I agree for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through Discovery Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
(Document was inspired by a challenge held at Grace Community Church, a part of LifeChurch.tv)